CDT Update Links

Two Weeks On Trail-Sunday, May 21

“But the beauty is in the walking -- we are betrayed by destinations.”
 ― Gwyn Thomas

     Today was the 14th day of my CDT hike. I've completed appropriately 265 miles. Last year, this section of trail is where I first experienced pain in my right ankle. Over the next few days the pain continued to increase and by the time I reached Pie Town, my ankle was swollen and stiff. I iced it and rested for a day in Pie Town, but by the time I reached Grants, New Mexico, I was still in pain and decided to leave the trail. After a month of rehabilitation, my ankle was better and I did hike over one thousand miles on the Pacific Crest Trail, but my CDT hike was over for 2016.
     This year, as I hiked the same section, I was on high alert for any aches and pains. Except for some hip pain that was instantly relieved by loosening my backpack hip belt, the day was a pain free 24 mile hike. Approximately 20 miles was on dirt and gravel forest roads, but there was very little vehicle traffic so I put in my earbuds, turned on some music, and pounded out the miles. The picture above is one of roads I walked and walked and walked!
     I didn't see another hiker until around 5 PM when I met a man hiking southbound doing a section of the CDT. About an hour later I met a young couple hiking with their dog. They started the day after me so they're making excellent progress. We chatted for a few minutes, mostly about water sources and different routes into Pie Town, before I hiked on.
     I recorded a bit of audio on the road walk out of Snow Lake. You can check it out below.

Comments

  1. If anyone is having trouble listening, try pressing "Listen in browser" and then press the red arrow in the top left corner. Sing along and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the song. I think you may be a hymn writer when you grow up��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the joy! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the opening quote. Good perspective, teaches us to appreciate the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice song, I'm confident God is with you and will take you where you need to be each day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a lovely voice. Enjoyed this blog. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know you are following along!