CDT Update Links

The Way


If I had to sum up my thru-hike of the Pacific Crest Trail in 2014 in one word it would be...escape! In the process of "escaping" I experienced a love for walking and wilderness that sealed my fate as a long distance hiker. This year, the word that has my attention is pilgrimage. More than just escaping the grind and noise of daily life, and enjoying the simplicity of walking and God's creation, I have both a goal for the journey and a destination in mind. (More about the destination later.)

At the church I attend, the sermon text for last Sunday was Luke 24:13-35, the familiar "Road to Emmaus" story that ends with "then they told what had happened on the road, and how he was known to them in the breaking of the bread." What burns in my heart this year is the desire for God to use my journey on the CDT to draw me closer to Him. My prayer is that He speaks to me on my journey (even when I don't recognize Him), that I have a clearer understanding of His Word, and that I too have one of these "bread breaking" moments and see Jesus clearer than ever before!

I have loaded up my tiny mp3 player with hundreds of sermons and this short Easter sermon is a good example of what I'll be listening to as I hike. This sermon refers to a famous pilgrimage called the Via Dolorosa. I love how it begins with the story about doubting Thomas and Jesus' famous Words: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 I hope you'll listen and be blessed!

Comments