CDT Update Links

Silver city, Here I Come!

     An inch of surprise leads us to a mile of gratefulness. David Steindl-Rast
It's a three day walk from Lordsburg to Silver city. The first two days were warm with cooler weather on the third day. Over fifteen miles of asphalt paved road walk with an additional fourteen miles of dirt road. That leaves 29 miles of trail and cross country navigation. Not the most exciting hiking ever, but it's all part of the thru-hiking experience.
     The one nice thing about this section is the climb of Jacks and Burro Peaks. At 8,000 feet, Burro Peak is the highest point so far on the CDT. Jacks Peak sports a number of communication towers, one of them being Verizon, so I sat under the tower and made a five bar phone call-best signal in the world ever! Can you hear me now?
     On the road walk into Silver city, on the outskirts of town, there was a long dirt driveway adorned with...
     I wonder, if they light up at night? They were on both sides of the driveway, and I counted over 30 of them. I wouldn't want to live here. I am plenty busy keeping two clean at my house, I can't imagine cleaning 30 of them.
     The next few days promise to be cooler. If you haven't checked it out, on the links page of my website is a link to "Postholer Map" showing my location/progress. The next pin you see will not be on the "official" CDT trail. One of the popular alternates on the CDT is to hike up the Gila River on the way to Pie Town. It is a beautiful river and a great change of pace from the dry desert.

Comments

  1. At least you had a toilet to use rather than just a hole in ground :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it possible that the row of toilets would have led you to a throne room?🤣
    A little levity as you hike on and up ❤️🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  3. He really is the toilet cleaner at our house. And he thought he was going to get a vacation from that. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always heard about UFO's in NM! Now you have captured them in your photos! Unexpected Flushing Objects in plain view! Awesome! Hike on Butterfingers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made me laugh out loud! Thanks. I needed that.

      Delete
  5. Amazing what you see on the trail!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know you are following along!