CDT Update Links

May 8, 2017 - Let The Hiking Begin!


“There is no moment of delight in any pilgrimage like the beginning of it” –Charles Dudley Warner


This is an interactive  panoramic image of the border and the monument at the southern terminus of the Continental Divide Trail. This is where my hike begins.

Today my hike begins in New Mexico at the border of Mexico. I'll take a shuttle to the border of Mexico, snap some photos, say a prayer, and begin hiking!

After a breakfast of champions, two Egg McMuffins and OJ, I will leave the motel at 6:30am on the shuttle for a 96 mile drive to the border of Mexico. After leaving Hwy 81, the last 20 miles is on a very poorly maintained dirt road requiring a four wheel drive vehicle. The drive time is approximately four hours. We will be stopping along the way to cache water at specific locations for hikers to use for drinking water in a very dry section of desert. The driver will point out some land markers along the way to help us navigate through the desert. The southern terminus of the CDT is located at a spot called Crazy Cook. The marker below reports a killing at this location in 1907 by a cook because someone complained about the food. That's why I never complain about my wife's cooking...


It will be a few days before I have cell service and can post again. When I do, I'll be sharing pictures, video, and stories from the trail. Thanks for following along as I hike the Continental Divide Trail. I appreciate your encouragement and prayer. Stay tuned...there is more to come!

Comments

  1. My prayers go with you. Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited for you Ps. Loren! One foot in front of the other until we see you again! Literally, "enjoy the journey"! Looking forward to you writing a book one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, Jolene. I've been trying to get him to do that for years!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know you are following along!