CDT Update Links

Be Prepared To Be Surprised

I'm back at it again. I left the Continental Divide Trail in 2016, with an injured foot and a broken heart. I was not emotionally prepared for the solitude nor mentally prepared for the daily challenges which require flexibility, commitment and a fair amount of...suffering. Most of the time, while hiking the Pacific Crest Trail in 2014, I felt "in control" because of my excellent plans. (Have I mentioned I love planning?) But on the CDT, planning is not the primary tool for success. Here is a great quote from a former CDT hiker:
“I had several plans for the day and my plans had plans. But really who can plan on the CDT? Plans on the CDT are for suckers.” -She-ra Hikes 
I'm taking her wisdom to heart for 2017, and "plan" to simplify my on-trail life, begin hiking earlier in the season to allow for more flexibility in my schedule, and to be prepared to be surprised!

Eva has graciously allowed me a do-over on the CDT so the adventure begins May 1, 2017. This is a new blog and there is no pretty website. I'll continue to post from the trail, but I have simplified the process and may not post every day. If you are a new reader, you can find the blog for my 2014 thru-hike of the PCT HERE. Thanks again for following along. I appreciate your prayers, encouragement, and support!

Comments

  1. You were born to hike the CDT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't tell him that it he's likely to never come home. Haha

      Delete
  2. Praying you have a safe, encouraging, blessed journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm getting excited. I completed my final 20 mile training hike today! I think it was the hottest day of the year so far. Good training for New Mexico!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know you are following along!